Terms of Reference
The UGC, empowered by Section 4(2) of the Universities Act No. 16 of 1978, as and when required appoints Standing Committees for specific purposes, consisting of such members and with such powers, duties and functions as may be determined by the Commission. The Chairman of each Standing Committee shall be a member of the Commission.
The specific functions of the Standing Committee on Management Studies are;
- Initiate actions on policy directions issued by the UGC from time to time and take steps to implement prescribed initiatives, programmes and activities at university/campus/institute level.
- Evaluate proposals submitted by Universities/Institutes with respect to curricular reforms and curriculum for new study programmes and submit recommendations to the Commission.
- Evaluate proposals submitted by Universities/Institutes for the establishment of new Departments/Faculties/Institutes and submit recommendations to the Commission.
- Frame guidelines for planning of new undergraduate degree programmes, namely, a) ways and means of evaluating need and demand, b) qualification descriptors specific to the degree programme, c) graduate profile, d) structure of the study programme, e) credit & qualification framework for Commerce, Management, Business and allied studies degree programmes, f) intended learning outcome of the degree programme, g) intended learning outcome of courses and modules, and h) assessment procedures, and
- Function as a catalytic unit to promote new initiatives and reforms to improve and advance quality and relevance of Commerce, Management, Business and allied studies Degree programmes and convey to the Commission for consideration.
|Chairman||Prof. P.S.M. Gunaratne||Vice Chairman||University Grants Commission|
|Secretary||Mrs. Srimathi Wijewardhena||Assistant Secretary/Academic Affairs||University Grants Commission|
|Dr. U Anura Kumara||Dean/Management Studies & Commerce||University of Sri Jayewardenepura|
|Dr. DM Semasinghe||Dean/Management Studies & Commerce||University of Kelaniya|
|Dr. R Senathiraja||Dean/ Management & Finance||University of Colombo|
|Prof. Sunethra Perera||Dean/ Management & Finance||University of Ruhuna|
|Prof. T Velnampy||Dean/ Management Studies & Commerce||University of Jaffna|
|Mr. N Logeswaran||Dean/Commerce & Management||Eastern University, Sri Lanka|
|Mrs. Sareena UMA Gafoor||Dean/Management & Commerce||South Eastern University of Sri lanka|
|Mr. PDNK Palihena||Dean/ Management Studies||Rajarata University of Sri Lanka|
|Mr. Wasantha Rathnayake||Dean/Management Studies||Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka|
|Prof. ES Wickramasinghe||Dean/Business Studies & Finance||Wayamba University of Sri Lanka|
|Dr. (Ms.) PIN Fernando||Dean/Management||Uwa Wellassa University|
|Dr. A Pushpanathan||Dean/Business Studies||Vavuniya Campus|
|Mr. T Baskar||Dean/Communication & Business Studies||Trincomalee Campus|
|Mr. Baratha Dodankotuwa||Head/Management Studies||University of Peradeniya|
|Dr. P Mervyn Gunasekara||Managing Director (UGC Nominee)||LAN Management Development Services|
|Prof. HD Karunaratne||Former Dean/Management & Finance||University Colombno|