Terms of Reference
- Initiate actions on policy directions issued by the UGC from time to time and take steps to implement prescribed initiatives, programmes and activities at university/campus/institute level.
- Evaluate proposals submitted by universities/Institutes with respect to curricular reforms and curriculum for new study programmes and submit recommendations to the Commission.
- Evaluate proposals submitted by Universities/Institutes for the establishment of new Departments/Faculties/Institutes and submit recommendations to the Commission.
- Frame guidelines for planning of new undergraduate degree programmes, namely, a) ways and means of evaluating need and demand, b) graduate profile, c) structure of the study programme, d) courses and intended learning outcomes and planning for course modules, e) evaluation procedures and f) credit qualification framework for natural and applied science degree programmes.
- Function as a catalytic unit to promote new initiatives and reforms to improve and advance quality and relevance of natural and Applied Science Degree programmes and convey to the Commission for consideration.
|Chairman||Prof. R Kumaravadivel||Commission Member||University Grants Commission|
|Secretary||Mrs. Janadari Wijesinghe||Senior Assistant Secretary/Academic Affairs||University Grants Commission|
|Prof. KRR Mahanama||Dean/Science||University of Colombo|
|Prof. Anura Wickramasinghe||Dean/Science||University of Peradeniya|
|Prof. Sudantha Liyanage||Dean/Applied Sciences||University of Sri Jayawardenapura|
|Prof. NAKPJ Seneviratne||Dean/Science||University of Kelaniya|
|Prof. S Srisathkunarajah||Dean/Science||University of Jaffna|
|Prof. WGD Dharmarathne||Dean/Science||University of Ruhuna|
|Prof. Tilak Priyadarshana||Dean/Fisheries and Marine Sciences & Technology||University of Ruhuna|
|Dr FC Ragel||Dean/Science||Eastern University, Sri Lanka|
|Dr. (Ms.) Sithy S. Iqbal||Dean/Faculty of Natural Sciences||Open University of Sri Lanka|
|Dr. BA Karunaratne||Dean/Applied Science||Rajarata University of Sri Lanka|
|Dr. Udaya Rathnayaka||Dean/Applied Science||Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka|
|Dr. EMP Ekanayake||Dean/Applied Science||Waymba University of Sri Lanka|
|Dr. (Mrs.) MIS Safeena||Dean/Applied Sciences||South Eastern University of Sri Lanka|
|Dr. Nishantha Attanayake||Dean/Sciences & Technology||Uva Wellassa University|
|Dr. RD Gunarathne||Department of Chemistry (UGC Nominee)||University of Colombo|
|Dr. S Kuhanesan||Actg. Dean/Applied Sciences||Vavunia Campus|