29th January 2008
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes
PAYMENT OF COST OF LIVING ALLOWANCE TO UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES
Your kind attention is invited to Establishments Circular Letter No.05/2007 dated 13th August 2007, on the above subject.
2. In terms of Management Services Circular No.29(iii) of 23.01.2008 addressed to all Secretaries of Ministries, Chairmen of Public Corporations, Statutory Bodies and Fully Owned Government Companies by the Secretary to the Treasury and Ministry of Finance & Planning, the monthly Cost of Living Allowance of Rs.2125/- currently being paid to University Employees is revised to Rs. 2500/- with effect from 01.01.2008 and Rs.2875/- with effect from 01.07.2008.
3. Daily paid employees may be paid an allowance of Rs. 83.33 per day subject to maximum of Rs.2500/- per month for the service rendered with effect from 01.01.2008 and Rs.95.83 per day subject to maximum of Rs.2875/- per month with effect from 01.07.2008.
4. Please take action accordingly.
1. Chairman's Office/UGC
3. Members of the UGC
5. Deans of Faculties
6 Registrars of Universities
7. Financial Controller/UGC
8. Bursars of Universities
9. Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes.
10. Deputy Registrars/ Snr. Asst. Registrars/ Asst. Registrars of Campuses/Institutes
11. Deputy Bursars/ Snr. Asst. Bursars/Asst. Bursars of Campuses/Institutes
12. Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
13. Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
14. Snr. Asst. Int. Auditors/Asst. Int. Auditors of HEIs
15. Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No: UGC/HR/2/9/86